Re: Tires (for concours)

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires (for concours)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:36:07 -0400
It will be interesting to see what Rich Chrysler thinks will happen to the
judging standard for concours, now that there is a Roadspeed RS5
available....if anything.
A lot of owners have gone to similar diameter radial tires, like the
Vredesteins and Michelins, and even though are interested in concours, would
prefer not to have bias ply tires on the car, (or to have to spend $270 a
piece) in order to be correct.
I wonder if this would still allow for some wiggle room when it comes to
better performing and presumably safer radials being on the car.
This is the first I have heard of there being a more "correct" tire being
currently available.