100 Dash Paint

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100 Dash Paint
From: "Michael Williams" <mewilliams@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:33:22 -0400
Everyone,

The dash of my BN1 is out of the car and is painted the correct black.
However, the instrument area has not yet been painted the correct silver. I
am no painter but I am considering doing this part myself. Here are my
concerns:

1.      Some research and searching the list archives has revealed that the
correct color is "dull silver". One lister said that they had used a color
called "Dull Aluminum" from Seymour. I have found a Krylon color called
"Dull Aluminum" that looks like it might work. Does anyone have any other
suggestions regarding color?
2.      The task of correctly masking all of the curves seems a bit
daunting. Does anyone have any tips here? What sort of masking material can
be used to make all those curves? Perhaps something special from an auto
paint supplier?

Thanks,

--Michael

'55 BN1