Re: Gennerator Voltage

To: Ben Prince <blprince2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Gennerator Voltage
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:52:17 +0100
Ben

As nobody appears to have replied to your query I will suggest
something.

I would expect you to find full battery voltage under the conditions you
mention.

However the way that your generator current is controlled, is by placing
a resistor located in the back of your control box in series with the
field windings when predetermined voltages and charge rates have been
reached.

My guess is that this resistor is 'in circuit' which means that the
contacts across it are not made. These contacts are controlled by the
left hand coil as you look into the control box. Try looking at these
contacts. They might be burnt out.

A substitue control box might be a good check.

All the best

--
John Harper