Carb overflow and Texas cooler

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb overflow and Texas cooler
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:31:14 -0400
   I posted a message a while back about my carbs overflowing. I assumed the
problem was dirt in the float chambers.  All of you who posted responses
agreed.  I thought I could clear the problem with a can of gum out.  Wrong!
Today I opened the float chambers and found crud beyond belief.  proceeded
to clean out the bowls and the car no longer is spitting fuel from the
overflow tubes.
   I  also found that my Texas cooler fan was indeed clipping my radiator as
many of you on the list have noted.  Not by much,  but enough to cause me
some concern. The fan really did help keep the engine cool but I would
rather not ruin the radiator.  I purchased an electric fan from Moss and
installed that yesterday. It was a fairly easy installation. I hope it keeps
the beast cool.
Driving a Healey is challenging but oh so worth it!