RE: 1954 Carrera Panamericana / 1955 ??

To: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1954 Carrera Panamericana / 1955 ??
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:24:45 +1000
G'day Cobbers

It was bonzer how you all responded with pics of the 1954 Carrera
Panamericana 100S. With cobbers like that, a bloke is set for life.

By the way just in case someone thought I had made a mistake with the
year of the event, I didn't. The Carrera Panamericana was run for five
years between 1950 and 1954 inclusive and there were two 100Ss run in
the last year.

Later races were cancelled due to the high number of spectator and
driver injuries and fatalities. That included Carroll Shelby who broke
his arm in the 100S. The 1954 Carrera Panamericana was one of the first
events for the new Austin-Healey 100S after it was announced at the 1954
London Motor Show.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia