Re: 1954 Carrera Panamericana / 1955 ??

To: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1954 Carrera Panamericana / 1955 ??
From: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:20:34 -0700
Patrick,

I believe Bill Emerson (oldhealeys@aol.com)  was a subsequent owner of one
of
those 100-S', AHS-3808 (shipped 6/6/55 to Austin New York) now owned by
Wiet Huidekoper in the Netherlands.

I distinctly remember seeing photos of Bill Emerson sitting in the car with
Carrara Panamericana decals on the wings or shrouds.

In your e-mail, you reference the "1954 Carrera Panamericana".

That must be a typo as my records reflect first production 100-S. AHS-3501
was
shipped 02/10/1955. Unless you are referring to the five' 1953-1954 Special
Test Cars.

The above is referenced from the "100-S Golden Anniversary" edition of the
Austin Healey Magazine, 9-10 / 2004 Austin Healey Club USA.

Hoping this gives you some direction, sounds like a neat project.
Happy Healeying
Kirk Kvam