Re: Wiring Clip Diameters

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Clip Diameters
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:54:46 -0500
I found out LBCarCo links the Moss part numbers to the factory
numbers.  That gives me the dimensions of the clips, so I think I
figured out the code, and the numbers actually mean something!

I believe the first two digits are the numbers of 16th's for the size
of the diameter, the second digits are the number of 32nd's for the
size of the mount.  Here are the ones that they had (not limited to
Healey clips)

PCR0409 - P-CLIP, 1/4 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR0411 - P-CLIP, 1/4 DIA, 11/32 MOUNT
PCR0509 - P-CLIP, 5/16 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR0511 - P-CLIP, 5/16 DIA, 11/32 MOUNT
PCR0607 - P-CLIP, 3/8 DIA, 7/32 MOUNT
PCR0807 - P-CLIP, 1/2 DIA, 7/32 MOUNT
PCR0809 - P-CLIP, 1/2 DIA, 9/16 MOUNT
PCR1009 - P-CLIP, 5/8 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR1209 - P-CLIP, 3/4 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR1409 - P-CLIP, 7/8 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR0307 - P-CLIP, 3/16 DIA, 7/32 MOUNT
PCR0311 - P-CLIP, 3/16 DIA, 11/32 MOUNT
PCR0407 - P-CLIP, 1/4 DIA, 7/32 MOUNT

Using that, I think that the ones they didn't list, but the car used are
PCR0507 - P-CLIP, 5/16 DIA,  7/32 MOUNT
PCR0713 - P-CLIP, 7/16 DIA, 13/32 MOUNT
PCR0609 - P-CLIP, 3/8 DIA, 9/32 MOUNT
PCR0707 - P-CLIP, 7/16 DIA, 7/32 MOUNT