Re: HELP

To: INSPTWO@msn.com
Subject: Re: HELP
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:05:42 +0800
Bill -

You have a 99.9% chance that your head gasket is bad.  Since oil is
only going one way into the oil, I would suspect that one of your
cylinders would be running low compression (but not always the case).
A Compression check will confirm it.

The other 0.1% chance is either your head or block has developed a
leak.  This of course would be very expensive to fix... likely
involving a welder or resleaving.

There is no such thing as a repair kit to fix oil getting into your
water, and if Moss is advertizing such a thing, the should be told not
to do this.  Radiator repair solutions can only be used to fix water
leaking out of a radiator, or water leaking into your oil... not the
other way around.  And even at that, this type of fix is a chicken
sh*t way to fix your healey.... and can cause a myriad of other
problems such as overheating.

Sounds like to me you have to take the head off your car and replace
the head gasket.  Retorquing the head won't fix this type of problem.
While the head is off, you should get a valve job and rebuild your
rockers.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8