Re: HELP

To: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: HELP
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:42:33 -0600
Hi Alan,

Oil gallery repair kit.

There IS such a thing. In theory it should work. Whether it does work or
not, I will leave up to someone with experience in the matter. It would
be quite difficult to find the leak, & I think, a pretty expensive
repair. I don't know what "radiator repair solutions" has to do with the
discussion. Please explain?

A quote from the Moss catalog:
"Cylinder Block Oilway Repair Kit"
"Many Austin-Healey engine blocks suffer from internal corrosion between
the oil galleries and water passages which causes leakage of oil into
the cooling system. To remedy this, the affected oil galleries can be
drilled out and lined with stainless steel tubing by using this kit. (We
do recommend that the drilling of the block be done professionally.) Kit
includes stainless steel tubing, installation tools, replacement oil
gallery plug with copper washer, & full instructions."

Dave Russell