RE: Vibration

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: RE: Vibration
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:59:50 +1000
 G'day

When I had a BN1 I became an expert on rebuilding the gearbox due to
second gear (third in the box) chipping its teeth. This was in either
the gear itself or in the lay gear.

As I haven't been involved in the model for years I don't know the
availability of spares but if I had a BN1 I would have a set of straight
cut gears made for it. Yes I know all about Toyota boxes and the like
but I think that second gear in the 3 speed box and the four-cylinder
engine are just made for each other. Bags of torque and wonderful
acceleration.

Banging under the seat in a LHD car? Bound to be the exhaust. Check the
vulcanised rubber hangers as they are about as useful as a chocolate
teapot. There are only 3 in the 100 so we can feel some pity for Mk9
Jaguar owners as that car has 11 of the bloody things.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia