Re: Compressor Help, again

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor Help, again
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:27:31 -0400
I used the craftsman 5 hp 25 gal compressor to blast everything on my Healey
except the frame. I used about 80 psi if I remember properly. -Every once in a
while, I would stop to let the compressor catch up. No big deal. It worked
fine.  I also used it, with the appropriate attachments (oil and water trap)
to spray paint all of the black parts, primer/primer/black/black/clear/clear.
It worked fine, again, with pausing once in a while to let it catch up.
I used white and "black beauty" blasting sand for the job. The white was
finer, and worked ok, but the black beauty was a lot more efficient, and less
prone to caking/clogging.
I'd never attempt to paint panels with it, or paint/sandblast a frame, but for
the smaller assys Even trans and diff, a compressor that size worked fine for
me for the applications above, plus, air ratchets, impact tool and cutting
wheel. I know that those used to professional grade compressors will disagree,
but for my one car, and for my intended use, it worked fine, and I could not
justify the price difference.
David Jones