re. re. HELP

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re. re. HELP
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, but a lot of rust and core shift could cause
grief....I wonder how many tubes are bought?
Somewhere I have correspondance from someone who did
the installation and it's certainly not an in car job.
Re. my block (waiting a few more months before I take
it in for it's first overbore), there was sediment 1/2
way up the backs of the block/head core plugs.  Didn't
know an engine could've been that neglected.
Regards,
JoeMulqueen
'60 BT7

Joe -

That picture is here:

http://www.dmdaustralia.com.au/block2.html

That's quite a bit of thickness to rust through!

I would suggest if you are leaking water into the oil
at this spot...
you probably need to take the whole motor out and have
it repaired
properly.  I would not trust any sort of "oil gallery
repair kit"...
especially one if it claims that you can do this
without removing the
motor...

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide