Re: 100 BN1 Front Suspension Misalignment

To: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Subject: Re: 100 BN1 Front Suspension Misalignment
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:42:28 +0100
Josef

It is not unusual to find the brackets where the inner arms of the front
suspension fix to the chassis to be slightly bent.

It is usually the rear one bent in slightly and mostly likely caused by
somebody hitting a kerb too hard.

Usually the shock tower is OK and the brackets can be checked for
alignment by passing a bar through the two holes provided in the base of
the tower for this purpose.

Unfortunately this will mean stripping the suspension out again. A bent
rear bracket can usually be corrected after heating the area from say a
large oxy-acetylene set.

All the best

--
John Harper