Correct radiator core and drain tap for late BJ8

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Correct radiator core and drain tap for late BJ8
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:58:42 -0400
I just dropped off my radiator for a much-needed restoration, including
a new core.

It was pointed out to me that the old LBC radiators had flat fins (each
fin being continuous from side to side), rather than the serpentine fins
one usually sees on today's cars.

My current radiator has the serpentine fines, so I have been given the
choice of look for the new core.

What was correct for a late ('67) BJ8? The Concours Guidelines (2004)
give no indication, but the Parts List (the CD version of which is
available at www.LBCdigital.com - sorry, I just had to) shows the flat
fins.

Also, the Parts List shows a drain tap that is similar to those on the
engine block, with the handle. Mine has the more modern version, which
looks somewhat like a wing-nut. Again, what is correct? Was the drain
tap painted black or left bare brass?

Thanks in advance,

John P. New
--
London, Ontario, Canada
'67 BJ8

COMING SOON!
Austin Healey 100/6 (Series BN4 & BN6) Parts List on CD-ROM