Re: BJ8 Rear seat belts

To: STEV0001@aol.com, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Rear seat belts
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:00:28 -0700
Steve:

If you look at the underneath of the tonneau panel between the rear seat
pans just in front of the rear seat back assembly (you may want to have the
car on jack stands or a hoist to do this), you will find two welded on
threaded reinforcing plates installed at the factory for this purpose,
assuming of course, that the car has never been repaired / modified in this
area.  These mount points are normally completely covered by the glued in
vinyl trim on the panel.

The outboard anchor points are prominent on the rear quarter trim panels - a
lot of us use them for the shoulder belt portion of the 3 point belt
installation.  If you have shoulder belts in the car, you would have to
figure a way to gang mount both the outer rear lap belts and the front
shoulder belts to the same mounts on the quarter panels - no big deal, just
some different hardware, and no modification to the car itself in that area.

There is a lady with a late BJ8 here in Victoria that will be doing the same
thing soon so she can take her little ones in the Healey.  If you're not in
a hurry, we can wait to see what she does, and how it works out.

Don't ever worry about being a novice - we all were at one time.  That's the
nice thing about this great resource - you can benefit from the battles that
us 'old timers' have already fought.  I consider myself a bit of an 'old
timer', and I learn new things on this list every day that make my Healey
life easier.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb