Non-starter problem

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-starter problem
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:18:28 -0400
Help!

I've got the BJ7 at the shop for spring cleaning and I get a call from the
mechanic that the car won't start.  He turns the ignition switch on and
hears no fuel pump clicking, presses the starter button and the car doesn't
turn over.  The battery switch is on.  Oddly, when he pushes the starter
button under the bonnet the car turns over, but he hasn't look for ignition
that way yet.  Fuses are continuous and I don't have a secret switch
operating to ground out the distributor anywhere.

Any thoughts?   The car started fine when I took it in to the shop.  He says
he hasn't started it, but has pushed it around.  I'm confused.

Bill Moyer, ailing Chimera