Re: Wiring Harness Advise Needed

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Advise Needed
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:24:07 -0400
I worked with "Sparks" in Nottingham England, when I got mine. --At the time,
some of the exact details of my specific harness had not been totally hashed
out in concours, --and they worked with me on records they had for cars with
consecutive serial numbers, and produced for me a beautiful set of original
harnesses at a much better price than many of the other sources I had checked.
--They also provided very good tagging of the ends, correct terminals in all
cases, and good diagrams.
A concours harness will have all of the correct colored ticking, thread count,
and terminals. I don't see the point if there is a huge difference in price
and you don't care about originality. (Me, I'd spend the extra bucks, after
checking for the most reasonable source for an original harness...)
I'd assume that the middle grade harness is pretty much the same as far as the
engineering goes, but probably without the colored ticking.
I don't know if the PVC wrap is more durable or not, ---I would just hope that
it doesn't look like a home-made repair job, once it is in place..
I'd think the supplier would be able to provide you with more detail,
pros/cons by e-mail if you inquired.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA