voltage stabilizer

To: "Rick Steele" <ricoshea@webjogger.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: voltage stabilizer
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:56:06 -0400
I am putting in three supplemental guages with electrical controls -- an
ammeter, a voltmeter and a quadrant temp guage. They are all Lucas  from the
60's or early 70's.

I need as much help as possible from the List on placing the guages and using
what (I hope) is a voltage stabiliser supplied by Holden (negative ground for
a converted wiring system).

Is is correct to feed the ammeter off the brown wire attached to the solenoid,
which goes to Terminal A of the regulator? I have matching heavy clothbound
brown wire, and would propose to splice the solenoid wire to a run into the
guage, and connect the other brown wire back out and to the regulator.

For the temperature guage, I have a single 1/8" NPFT probe that is being
hooked up to the heater pipes with a suitable T. The sensor came from Holden,
and is a single spade terminal. Do I run the wire from this to the ground side
of the guage, and feed the hot terminal from the voltage stabiliser? (I am
guessing the threaded sensor probe that contacts the water serves as a thermal
connecting to ground switch to ground;  is that right?)

For the volt meter and temperature guage, what is the most appropriate feed
for the hot side? The guage pod is located right in front of the heater to the
right of the fuel gauge.

I may be way out of line on all of the foregoing, and would appreciate anyone
straightening me out. I have the guages physically connected, and with proper
wire with color coding to hook up, but I am a neophyte when it comes to the
wiring part. thanks. Allen Miller