Door Check straps

To: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>,
Subject: Door Check straps
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:15:21 -0700
One reason some people do not tighten the door-check strap tight enough to
make it hold the door in the fully open position is that the unit is located
where the stud or nut threads are frequently rusted to the point that they
strip.  I had that happen on the drivers side several years ago and could
not find an appropriate left-hand thread bolt, so had to purchase a rather
pricy used unit.
Vrooom vrooom,
John
100-Six   Erika the Red