solenoid chatter

To: <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Subject: solenoid chatter
From: "Mr. Finespanner" <mrfinespanner@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:54:45 -0500
Sam,
Pull off the rubber boot and the plastic cover on top of the
solenoid so you can see the points.  Check the hair-fine wire
where it solders to its terminal beside the points.  A break there
can lead to the symptoms you describe.  You might need a
magnifying glass to be sure.  It's possible to repair if you have
a soldering iron or gun with a really tiny tip, but use the least
amount of solder necessary.
Doug Reid, 18G Motorworks