Re: "Dan Blocker Was a "Car Guy"..."

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Dan Blocker Was a "Car Guy"..."
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:35:32 -0700
John: There was no 'rest of the story' as far a sports cars go. Al Auger
went on to relate other occasions when he and Dan got together. One was an
eating contest at an all-you-can-eat buffet between Dan and a crew member.
The crew member won. They were asked not to return by the restaurant
manager. Dan told of his plans to build a racing machine that would fit his
size. The vehicle was a cigarette boat, an ocean-going race boat. To the
best of Al's knowledge, this never happened. Their last meeting was at the
"Bonanza" location of its Ponderosa Ranch near Lake Tahoe. The event was a
Polaris ski mobile promotion with all the "Bonanza" stars. The Polaris
people had laid out an autocross course in the snow. The Polaris people
weren't all that happy that Dan and Al disappeared for the rest of the day
tearing up their course with one machine after another. Al's final comments
were that Dan confided in him that he was planning to quit Hollywood and go
back to teaching, his real love. Dan died at the age of 42 after major
surgery.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031