Re: Demister Quick Nuts and other BN4 dash questions

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Demister Quick Nuts and other BN4 dash questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:48:32 -0400
> I am putting on the dash pad today, and I have almost everything done but
> the demisters. The diverters that run under the cowl seem to be
> permanently
> attached. How can I put the quick nuts on the middle and one closest posts
> to the mirror on the demisters?

The push on nuts go on right against the underside of the wood fascia. Then
the stems simply protrude down through the holes.
> Also, do I just use regular wood screws to attach the lip of the dash pad
> (the part hanging into the cockpit) to the cowl over the dash?

No, the complete dash cowl pad is installed onto the top surface and is held
there by one #6 trim screw with cupped washer at each side, 1 turnbutton
fastened into place with two #6 trim screws, the two 10-32 screws also
holding the dash mirror down through into welded nuts under the dash, and
the long shank tenax stud just to the right of the mirror. Of course all
this is installed before the windscreen assembly so you can get access to
the screws near each corner.
See pictures att'd. (Yeah, I know, the rest of the list won't get 'em.)

> Finally, the paint guy painted the bolts that hold the windshield on the
> posts. Any quick ideas to get the paint off?

They have to be unscrewed from the posts anyway. A modelers trick.....leave
them over night in a little jar of fresh DOT 4 (regular) brake fluid. It
makes slow gentle but excellent paint stripper. Don't forget to throw the
used fluid away afterwards!<grin>

Rich Chrysler

P1010023.JPG]

P1010075.JPG]