Carpeting Question

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carpeting Question
From: Brent Barnes <brentbarnes309@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

I should be out driving her on this glorious Jersey day, but at least I'm
installing my carpet kit....and a question arrises. Rich Chrysler's excellent
instructions have got me all the way to the forward bulkhead panel (the
inverted 'U' shaped piece above the tunnel).

Everything in my kit from M___ seems to fit really well up to this point, but
there seems to be a LOT of extra material on the right and left sides that turn
forward into the footwells. Now, Rich says (1) glue the carpet to the pieces
fronting the footwell (ok, I understand that) and (2) "this panel will be
fastened to the aperture with self-tapping trim screws and cup washers, three
down each side." Hmmm....Try as I might, I can't find a picture or diagram of
where those trim screws should go. Do I trim back the long "ears" that turn
into the footwell, then glue and screw the edge? If so, should the trimmed edge
be turned under to give a finished look?

A photo would be of immense help here! Thanks!!!!

Brent Barnes
60 BT7 MkI