Re: Carpeting Question

To: "Brent Barnes" <brentbarnes309@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Carpeting Question
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 15:24:41 -0400
Brent,

The U shaped piece will have the long ears on the right and left sides and
along the top edge turned under to the inside and glued. This will result in
a carpet to carpet seal along those edges. Then the 3 trim screws per side
are drilled through and installed.
This view courtesy Heritage Trim and Upholstery shows the finished result.
The screws however are not visible here, having buried themselves into the
carpet.
Let me know if you need something more.
Rich Chrysler

> Everything in my kit from M___ seems to fit really well up to this point,
> but there seems to be a LOT of extra material on the right and left sides
> that turn forward into the footwells. Now, Rich says (1) glue the carpet
> to the pieces fronting the footwell (ok, I understand that) and (2) "this
> panel will be fastened to the aperture with self-tapping trim screws and
> cup washers, three down each side." Hmmm....Try as I might, I can't find a
> picture or diagram of where those trim screws should go. Do I trim back
> the long "ears" that turn into the footwell, then glue and screw the edge?
> If so, should the trimmed edge be turned under to give a finished look?
>
> A photo would be of immense help here! Thanks!!!!
>
> Brent Barnes
> 60 BT7 MkI

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of BN4
details.jpg]