Re: Question on Driving lights.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on Driving lights.
From: sbyers <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Tom -
Although it's possible that a late BJ8 got a front shroud with one light
because it was available and fit the car better than any others, it's most
likely that the front shroud was just replaced at some point in the car's
life with an available single-light shroud.

I know of a car within 200 of the end of production that has a single-light
front shroud.  The car also has a lot of other non-original features.

At this late date, it's pretty hard in most cases to say that this or that
feature on a particular car is or is not original from the factory; however,
I have ample data in the BJ8 registry to indicate that "early" and "late"
design details were not rigidly observed during manufacture of the cars,
regardless of what the parts books indicate.

Did you happen to collect the VIN of the car you saw?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC