Re: BN2 revs at speed

To: M Lempert <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: BN2 revs at speed
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:16:44 -0600
Hi Mike,

I have read varying reports for numbers on this. Others may differ.

My BN2 with P175 Michelin tires (6.58 ft. rolling circumference), & 28%
overdrive, at 3000 rpm, runs 63 mph in direct & 81 mph in od.

Note that a 28% od gives an overall gear box ratio of 0.78. This results
in a final drive ratio of 2.76/1 with the 3.54 axle in od.

The original speedo calibration of 1325 rev/mile with 4.11 axle &
slightly smaller tires, needed to be changed to 1137 rev/mile on my car.

The long stroke four cruises very nicely at 3000 rpm & 80 mph.

Getting rolling from a stop is no bother whatsoever. It will still spin
the tires considerably if you wish. Not that I would do such a thing. It
actually makes first gear good for something now.

I still have my set of new 3.54 gears. During the long wait, I got a 3.54
complete center section from Earl Kagna.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2