Re: BN2 revs at speed

To: <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: Re: BN2 revs at speed
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:35:17 -0400
Hello Dave. Thanks for the data. I'm attaching the text of a response from
Alan B., which has come to the same conclusions.  His tire size for
computing was 26" while yours was 25.14 (if my math is correct).  The
difference in tire size probably accounts for the 3 mph difference.
Hey Mike
Some assumptions first:
Tyre diameter is 26".  Let me know your real tyre size and I'll adjust the
figures.
BN2 has the original four speed gearbox with a 28% overdrive
BN2 has standard 4.1 rear axle ratio.

If so:
3000rpm in top gives 57mph
3000rpm in o/d top gives 73mph

Changing only the back axle gearing to 3.54
3000rpm in top gives 66mph
3000rpm in o/d top gives 84mph

Let me know if that helps.

AlanB