Trunk Gasket fitting

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunk Gasket fitting
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:31:19 -0400
OK I know this question ahs been asked before but I can't figure it out from
the archives.

I have a 100-4 and I'm fitting the  trunk (Boot) in place and we want to get
the gasket on there temporarily for fitting.

Does the gasket actually go on the lid as is suggested in the archives? And
do we glue it?
It fits really nice into the slot on the rear shroud. Is there a difference
with 100-4's and 3000's?

Also there is a metal fold on the lid on the left had side that is there are
a stiffener for the support side. How do you negotiate the gasket around
this metal fold? Is there cutting involved?

Sincerely

Rick Neves
www.rickneves.com

_._