Re: Trunk Gasket fitting

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: Trunk Gasket fitting
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:16:58 -0400
Rick,
Yes the gasket goes on the inner perimeter of the lid. It is glued on with a
good grade of contact cement. Be careful not to stretch it in the corners,
but try to compress and pack it in slightly as you're applying it.
Don't fit it into the shroud slot. That is your rain gutter that allows the
water to drain to the bottom edge and fall away. Can you imagine filling the
eave troughs on your house with a material and expecting them to work as
designed? You get the picture. <grin>
There is no real difference in the design and cross section of the seal on
the Hundred vs. the 6 cylinder models.
On the left side where the extra stiffening metal for the support bracket is
situated, the seal continues right over it, slotting into the inner edge of
the lid with no cutting or interruption.

Rich Chrysler