RE: field/shed/basement story-slight digression

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: field/shed/basement story-slight digression
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:36:22 +1000
G'day

I have an interesting Austin-Healey - Deusenberg connection that may add
a small piece to someone's memory jigsaw.

Back in 1975 when I was visiting the East Coast USA we visited a house
in Connecticut. It was solid stone as were its slightly dilapidated
garages.

Of interest was a 100M sitting underneath a few trees. It was a genuine
car as even back then I knew the difference between a tarted up 100 and
a M. Inside the garage was a 100S in unrestored but good going
condition. I recall straw over the floor and the remains of a early
biplane in a loft.

Also of great interest were two (yes 2) dismantled Indianapolis
Deusenbergs from the 1920s. I recall marvelling at the body style and
centrifugal superchargers. I would be very surprised if the Deusenbergs
were not in a museum today.

I used to keep a diary back then and I know I wrote a little detail of
where and when. The diary is somewhere at home as are the transparencies
I took if anyone is interested.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia