RE: Problem?? with oil pressure

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Problem?? with oil pressure
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:53:32 -0700
Bob:  I agree.  I thought the same thing as I was taking it apart.  The top
washer came apart as three pieces:  copper, rubber ring, copper.  The
broken bottom one looked more like plastic than fibre.  This engine has had
one rebuild 14 years and just over 50,000 miles ago.  Knowing the rebuilder
was a perfectionist, I have to assume he used what was on the engine
originally or what came in the rebuild kit.

A check of the latest catalogs I have indicates that the 100 uses fibre
washers (Moss 324-620), while the 3000s use Moss 324-760 which is just
described as "washer".  Vic Brit says "washer - banjo bolt".

Whatever the case, I used what I had on hand and it is working.  You do
what you gotta do when a trip down  CA Hwy 1 is only a couple of days away.
;-)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031