Re: not directly Healey- teaching kids the clutch

To: rdavies1@cox.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: not directly Healey- teaching kids the clutch
From: tammie wall <whammie@iopener.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:43:55 -0500
hi ron,
don't worry about the healey.  it's probably had more abuse from former owners.
3 of my brood of 5 learned to shift and operate the clutch on a side shift
healey 3000.
the primary caution is the non sychromesh low and reverse.  just find a local
school parking lot on the weekends and you'll find your kids are amazingly
resourceful and pick up clutching and braking in no time.  all of my kids first
cars were stick shifts and i told them they could now drive anything since they
learned in a BIG HEALEY !!
happy healeying,
jerry wall