Re: not directly Healey- teaching kids the clutch

To: Ron Davies <rdavies1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: not directly Healey- teaching kids the clutch
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 06:22:46 +0800
Ron -

To be honest, the healey itself is one of the best cars to teach
driving a stick on.  Any modern stick doesn't drive or feel anything
like the healey, and in fact you probably DON'T want them to learn on
a rice rocket first anyway because you have to rev the motor to engage
the clutch, which you don't do on a Healey.

The healey, once you get past the battleship-like shifter, is actually
very forgiving on the heel & toe because the car has so much torque...
I've taught many people to drive clutch on my BJ8... none of them ever
stalled the thing or ruined a gear.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8