Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help
From: Bobsoniaharris@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:05:42 EDT
John New has raised an excellent point regarding the availability of the
Concours Guidelines -- I hope the Concours Committee is a believer in
Continuous
Improvement. Some thoughts:
1. Having the Guidelines available in paper format only sure uses lots of
trees. And, free availability should encourage restoration and originality
among
 owners and should be a positive selling point to prospective owners.
2. The Concours Committee can and should continue to control any changes.
Because Guidelines are freely available electronically shouldn't jeopardize
that process.
3. It irks me to have to pay $30 (without photos) or $65 (with photos) each
time to keep my set of the Guidelines updated. At a minimum, Guidelines should
 be updated electronically to all of those that paid initially.
4. The sale of Guidelines should not be used to subsidize Concours  judging.
The judging should stand on it's own. I would suggest the judging fee  be
increased to $100 or $150 or whatever is required to cover expenses.
My two cents.
Bob Harris