Results from Summit Point/AUHC

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Results from Summit Point/AUHC
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:30:12 EDT
Today was another wonderful Austin-Healey day at Summit Point.  We were
gifted with great weather and wonderful racing.

There were 23 cars that started in the afternoon's featured All-Healey
race--two Sprites, one Speedwell Sprite, one Silverstone, two 100 S's, six
100's and
the balance sixes.

Jeff Johnk had the pole and held the lead for about the first 8-9 laps with
Paul Freestone right on his heels.  The lead switched just before the pit
straight and stayed that way to the end.  Peter Jackson, Tim Pyne, Rob Rowland,
John Moore and George Olsen comprised a second group that ran a distance back
from the leaders and they finished in the above order.  Geoff Leake, Grant
Gongoll (ist Sprite) and Bruce Miles rounded out the first ten finishers.  Jeff
Johnk had the fastest Healey lap time (1:29.592)--Paul Breakstone's best lap
was
about 1/2 second slower.

Class awards were as follows--

100 Race Prepared:  Vars Smith first and John Giller second.
100 Race Modified:  Jeff Leake first.
100 S:  Fred Fisher first and John Ashby second.
Healey Special:  Allen Casavant first (Silverstone).
3000 Race Prepared:  John Moore first and Dan Powell second.
3000 Race Modified:  Paul Freestone first and Peter Jackson second.
3000 Extreme Race Modified:  Jeff Johnk first.
Sprite under 1100 cc:  Dan Leonard first.
Sprite under 1300 cc: Graham Gongoll first and Bruce Miles second.

As a footnote, there were about 15-20 Healeys from the local community at the
race and during the noon break we were given the opportunity to run a special
parade lap on the track before other marques were allowed on--it was a very
cool event and I was glad to be there.

Dan Leonard is shown as a DNF after six laps--I saw him head into the pits
with a lot of white smoke but I do not know any more.  Richard Mayor apparently
spun some bearings in yesterday's practice sessions and is shown as a DNS
along with Jim Smith who cracked a block.

Looking forward to VIR!

Best--Michael Oritt