Incorrect colour

To: Healey webforum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Incorrect colour
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:19:42 +0200
Friends,
Last Saturday a friend of mine sprayed the body of my BJ8 in the first
coat of British Racing Green paint. It turns out to be the most horrible
shade of green one can imagine, and I found out too late that there are
umpteen versions of the colour named British Racing Green, with even
variations per marque.  I based my colour idea on the beautiful colour
of a Triumph TR3, owned by my body restorer, and too late (i.e. today) I
learned his colour is the "One but the darkest shade of Jaguar's British
Racing Green".
It hope you understand I don't want to end up with a Healey having seven
or eight coats of slightly different shades of BRG, hence my request
whether any of the listers does recognise this paint colour description
and if so, if a official code number from, for example, ICI can be quoted.
Many thanks in advance, as usual.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 in the wrong colour