Re: HD8's - Too Fast Idle

To: John Close <John.Close@sduhsd.net>
Subject: Re: HD8's - Too Fast Idle
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:48:58 +0800
There's about a million things that can cause this.

Hard to answer unless you go through some diagnostic first and give us
more info.  Check carbs if they are loose, see if the throttle shafts
are sticking.  Check to see if the throttle shafts are loose or wobbly
 Check to see if the choke levers are sticking open... if so put some
springs on them to pull them into the down position..

If you push on the throttle shaft between the carbs using your hand
when the hood is open, does the idle go down or does it stay running
fast?

Do these steps first and the get back to the list.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8