Re: Streamlined 100-Sixz

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, "Derek job" <djjob@noos.fr>
Subject: Re: Streamlined 100-Sixz
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 03:44:44 -0500
Wow... I've been truly stunned by these pictures... this is the only time I
have seen these cars outside of the Bonneville Salt flats and the Earls
court show...

The Story was that the cars got back home and weren't well preserved...
consequently they were destroyed some time later... ( course we all know
bout the windscreen to the liner being used as a flower pot )...

The only piece to any of these cars that I know of in exsistence is the
steering wheel from the 203mph Streamliner,  and my understanding is that
Bill Wood has that today.

It's my understanding that these cars were in fact a standard 100 chassis
fitted with the 6 engine.... someone with the photo and clipers might be
able to confirm that by measureing the doors... to make sure they don't have
the extra 2" that came with the 6 cylinder cars and rear seating...

So.... now that I've seen the cars in this picture in 1957,  it makes me
wonder if they ever made it back to England after this race...  I'm just
thinking of the possiblity of one of these three cars turning up
somewhere....

I spend the last 7 years of my life chasing the dream of getting in the
Bonneville 200mph club and I've finally accomplished that... and my wife has
now gone on to do the same thing in our Berkeley ... last year we had the
car up to 261mph in Sept but blew a piston so we're going back working on
that record again in August....

Conclave is really close this year to the race we are holding in Maxton NC
the weekend prior.... we will have the Berkeley set up to run Bville and
will be doing our final testing at that meet.  I'm hoping to drop into
Conlave for a day or two on the way home with the car.

couple of links of interest.
www.ecta-lsr.com
www.turksrock.com ( click on the links page for our racing site, and then on
the Project Red hat stuff for the January Hot Rod article on last year...
it's 10 pages so it's a bit long but worth the read )

Keith