Re: AH 100 Fan Belt

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AH 100 Fan Belt
From: Healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:37:05 EDT
Listers
Anybody have the original specs for a BN1/2 fan belt. I'm having  trouble
with the Moss cogged belt making noise on a couple of 100's.  Their belt is
made
by Fenner and is marked 17X1100. It seems that the 17 mm  dimension maybe to
small as the belt fits deep in the pulleys.  Not  getting a squeal from a loose
belt but a chirping sound at idle. I put an old  deformed nasty belt found in
the used parts bin on and it is quiet again but it  won't last.  Must be
cracked at least half way through in 100 places  already.  Thanks and have a
great
day.
Aloha
Perry