Looking for static

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for static
From: "John O'Brien" <banjojohn@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:05:47 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Hi List:

I'm looking for static, and I know the list is just the place to help me
find it.   In my BJ8 I get a lot of static in the radio, both am and fm.  I
have converted the car to neg. ground. The wires and plugs are supposed to
be radio friendly (not produce static) I have a Radio Shack noise filter in
the power wire to the radio and even put in a relay so the power to the
radio comes directly from the battery rather than from anywhere having to do
with the ignition.  I also have a Pertronix unit that eliminated the points.
Still got static on all but the strongest stations.  Should I be
checking/replacing the rotor and or Dist. cap?  Where else should I be
looking for the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye
'65 BJ8

b_wink.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
BackGrnd.jpg]