100-6 streamliner summary

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100-6 streamliner summary
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:42:09 +0100
So this would appear to be the concensus to date... Please let me know if I
have
got anything wrong.

Two Healeys went to Bonneville for record breaking in summer 56. One was a
100/6
enduro and the other a supercharged record breaker(100/6).

Three bodies (enduro style) made by Jensens for racing at the same time. Those
bodies were ice blue according to GCH.

It is possible that there were additional cars taken along, but the record is
ambiguous on this point.

At Sebring in 57 the following Austin-Healeys ran

No. 23 Austin-Healey 100/6 2680cc: Phil Stiles/John Bentley. Entered by Hambro
        (officially by E. Nash)
No. 24 Austin-Healey 100/6 2680cc: Roy Jackson-Moore/E.Forbes-Robinson. Entrant
as above
No. 25 Austin-Healey Special 2680cc: Gill Geitner/Ray Cuomo. Entrant see above.

The cars were all specials, ie not very close to production spec but close
enough.

25 appears to have been dark green (BRG) and it may well be the experimental
car
that DHMC made Ferrari-powered and ran at Nassau in 56!! At Nassau it is
possible that it was wearing a Jensen enduro body repainted. The Geitner/Cuomo
car may have had pretensions at flying, but it finished 26th.

The two other racers seem to be "real" 100/6s bodied with the two remaining
bodies Jensen bodies. Neither finished.

One enduro car may have ended it's days as a mule at Silverstone.

Apart from the possibility that it was 25 that DHMC used as a mule we have no
further disclosed record of either machine; but we do know that all the record
breaking cars were scrapped as having too much damage caused by salt.

The endurance record breaker itself did make it to the London Motor Show, in
October 57, having been shipped back to the UK after the record runs. Although
don't think that we can infer a date, it seems unlikely that it would have been
raced.

Peter Dzwig