RE: Engine Rebuild

To: <TJacobjr@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Rebuild
From: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:41:52 -0700
Jake,
Build the engine around the cam; choose where you want the power to come
on (1-4,000RPM, 3-6,000, ect.)  This will make the engine behave to your
liking and can also add a little or a lot of kick.  As for modifications
Triple Webbers, aluminum heads and various other mods are available from
the know suppliers which may or may not suit what you want out of the
engine.  Some of the improvements that I have done include the spin on
filter, pro-damper, and works sump which have helped make the engine run
smoother and cooler than before.  Over the years many of the suppliers
have developed their own setups that will produce the HP or match the
setup that you feel would work best for you.  Money can also play an
important factor; I would love to have a DMD 3.8 litre Aluminum engine
slapped in my AH.
Don
57' BN4