Re: Watkins Glen

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:37:30 -0400
Allen,

Bob Sweeney, of the Harrisburg Region of AHSTC called the track a while
back and was told that the original convoluted way that someone had
mentioned to get in wasn't necessary.  Just go to gate 2 where
spectators normally go into the track, pay your money and you're in.

I did check the HSR site the other day and they show a change made to
the schedule for the Healey race from Saturday to Sunday.  They do not,
however, show any time for them to practice or qualify.  I'm not sure
how that will work.
We're driving up Friday night and will hopefully get to the track fairly
early Sat. morning.  The schedule shows a VSCCA race at 8:30 AM, which
should be good old cars. The Speedwell GT owned by Dan Leonard is
supposed to be in that in addition to the Healey race.  Nigel Smart and
some of the other Healeys also race under the VSCCA banner.  Before
going, I plan to check the HSR site again to try to figure out what cars
are in each of their groups, so I know when to pay attention and find a
good vantage point.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Charlie