RE: Non-Healey: Ford Mustang

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Non-Healey: Ford Mustang
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:52:30 -0400
>Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:04:23 +0200
>From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
>Subject: Non-Healey: Ford Mustang

>That seems an excessive lot to me - when that's true I shall have to
>make a special container to catch the old oil as I have never in my life
>replaced such an ocean of fluid.

I use a clean 5 gallon water jug with the top cut off.  I cut it so that I
could get my jug under the car with a ramp and still be able to access the
drain plug.  I hope that Ford has a drain plug; I hear that some of the US
and Japanese cars you have to pull the whole pan.  By the way, I have found
the top to be useful as a funnel when inverted so the fluid doesn't splash
as much because the shoulder of the top is curved.  The top has a 2" or so
opening and there is no issue with backups from a constricted funnel.

Best Regards,

Olin Brimberry
62 BT7
Raleigh, NC

"Life's journey is not  to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to slide in  sideways totally worn out, shouting '...holy
s**t...What a ride!"
In memory of HOYO