56 BN2 resto progress report

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: 56 BN2 resto progress report
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
After winter I finally found the time to dismantle the
BN2, tag and box parts and get the car ready for
bodywork.

Since last may, after mediablasting, the car is in the
hands of Ellery Engel, Piru California for bodywork.
Blasting uncovered a bit more frame rust then expected
but this is already been taken care off. Ellery is a
great guy, doing a lot of bodywork for Healeys,
Porsches and Maseratis.  I spend a couple of days
helping prepping the car for all the bodywork and
learned a lot in the process.

We're making good process but are looking for a right
(passenger side) rear fender as this fender is beyond
repair. The fender weighted at least 15 pounds more
than expected, after the PO (mythical figure we can
point a finger at when things are found to be wrong
with the car) liberally applied bondo to cover a bunch
of holes and wrinkles as well as the area where the
finder was welded to the shut pillar!

I hear that any rear fender from the BN2 model and
onwards is the same.  can somebody confirm this?  This
would widen the scope of my search.

I am interested to hear if anybody on the list has a
repairable right rear fender from a BN2 (and up if the
list confirm this is ok).

Thanks,

Bert Van Brande
Newbury Park