Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8

To: <Rebeltown@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:36:59 +0100
Hello Gary,
May I respectfully suggest that you at least check for wear not only the
wheel hub splines but also the internal splines in your Rudge hubs on your
wheels.
This is especially true with wear in the rear hubs as when you go from first
to reverse you will hear a  "clunk" each time you let the clutch in.
A few week's ago a friend of mine called to see me in a V12 XKE roadster and
when he left as he let the clutch in there was a loud WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! and
all he did was to simply sit there. The splines had stripped and taken not
only the hub but the internals of the wheel too.
So......check the splines.
If not this, then check the caliper pads.
Regards.
David.

www.bighealey.ltd.uk