Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8

To: Rebeltown@aol.com
Subject: Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:17:25 +0800
Gary -

whenever you put new wheels on a healey, you should make sure the hubs
are new too.  With this, they will last a lifetime.

Another thing to check is to make sure the wheel bearings are properly
shimmed and bolted in place.  If it is loose, it can cause the
problems you are talking about because applying the brakes will
re-center the loose disc and hub.

It could also be your booster... is the sound coming from the wheel or
the right froont footwell?

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8