RE: 100-Six & 48 Spokers

To: "'Rohan Marr'" <rohanmarr@mac.com>
Subject: RE: 100-Six & 48 Spokers
From: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:31:14 -0700
I ran stock painted 48 spokes for years with no failures or problems. I
have also heard that during hard cornering they can and will fail, seen
the photos. I ended up taking 10 of them to the junk yard and saved one
as a spare.  Lots of people think that more spokes make the wheel look
busy.  Do what you want; they are available from the various suppliers
in any flavor you choose.  I personally used British Wire Wheel to buy
my Dayton 72's and received excellent service and products.
Don
57' BN4