Steering Question

To: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Question
From: Larry Swift <mgtd51@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:14:44 -0400
On my BT7, there is about 6 inches of play in the steering wheel before
the front wheels begin to move.  In reading the manual, it appears there
are 2 possible adjustments to the steering gear: one has to do with
endplay, the other is backlash.  Endplay is a function of steering cam
bearing adjustment; backlash is addressed by  adjusting the rocker shaft.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what endplay or backlash means and would
very much appreciate some advice on this subject.

Thanks very much,

Larry Swift