Limpert Differencial Gear Set

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Limpert Differencial Gear Set
From: "Bob Slater" <rob@gto.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:54:27 -0400
I Have had a new differential gear set installed on my BJ7 as of last week. I
am experiencing the following.

 I run the car for about 20 to 30 Miles and the rear differential gets so hot
that you would burn your hand on it.

The pinion and gears have been set up to specs for Backlash and Torque. Is
this normal for the gears and new bearings to wear in over a period of time?
to run hot.   There is no noises and no leaks at all and the car seems to run
normal.

     We are off to Conclave on Saturday for about a 700 mile trip and it is
beginning to worry me as to whether I should be taking the Healey.

               Bob Slater